We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing in Anakao - should I be concerned of sharks??

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing in Anakao - should I be concerned of sharks??

Hi fellow travelers/surfers,

I'm planning to go surfing in Anakao for couple of days during my trip in Madagascar in December. One thing I'm a bit concerned is the sharks...

I've heard/read completely contradicting comments that some said the Mozambique Channel has the most sharky water and others said it turned out it's actually not that sharky... I also searched online for the number of shark attacks in Madagascar - although there weren't a whole lot according to the statistics, but there might also be a whole lot of unreported ones.

If anyone has been there surfing I would most appreciate some comments and tips.

Thanks a lot!

Rachel

Antsirabe...
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing in Anakao - should I be concerned of sharks??

Hello,

I am native in Tulear, and I never heard a sharks attack around! In december, it is still a perfect season in south. So I would say, there is no danger to surf in Anakao! Ever, there is much surfers went there, and no problem!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing in Anakao - should I be concerned of sharks??

Hey there!

Thank you very much for the response! Good to know!

3. Re: Surfing in Anakao - should I be concerned of sharks??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 12, 2017