We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self promotion of Madagascar nature tours and asisten travel

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Self promotion of Madagascar nature tours and asisten travel

I am fed up with self promotion on Madagascar by some tour operators. If you read well the forum then you will understand that some small companies like asisten travel and madagascar nature tours doing excessively their self promotion. Too much and crazy....

Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Self promotion of Madagascar nature tours and asisten travel

Salama Johan,

I really wish that both tour operators should reply this post

Looking to hear from them soon

regards, anja

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self promotion of Madagascar nature tours and asisten travel

My husband and I are from Canada. While planning our trip to far away Madagascar, we did a lot of online research to find a reliable, reputable tour guide. We saw a lot of reviews for Madagascar Natural Tours. Whereas some seemed to be self-promotion by the company, others seemed to have been posted by real travellers who had used their services. I was also able to find proof that they are licensed by the government. So I got in touch with the company via their website. The owner Jenita Jaozandry Harilala was very responsive to my enquiries. He provided good advice and worked with me by email over a period of several weeks to put together a great month-long itinerary to the north, east, and west of the country. It included all the places I wanted to see, plus lots of different activities like trekking, cycling, snorkelling, and canoeing, as well as wildlife viewing in national parks. He picked mid-range hotels that are highly rated on TripAdvisor, including a stay in a tree house! The cost was reasonable for a fully-customised tour for just the two of us it was pretty much all inclusive: transfers, hotels, camping gear, guides 4WD and driver, boat fees, park fees, etc. He has a good network of contacts with local guides (mandatory in the parks), to ensure a quality experience in each destination. All in all, we had a genuinely positive experience with this tour company.

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
719 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self promotion of Madagascar nature tours and asisten travel

Hi Johan,

It would be useful if you could post some links to the posts where you think that asisten have been self promoting. They are a super professional agency and one of the owners of the company makes a huge contribution to this forum and I have NEVER seen him doing self promotion.

The subject though is a very valid one. I have lost interest most of the time in this forum, I don't come here to try to help like I once did, because it is soon obvious that most replies here are fake. So many user accounts that have only ever posted about one company, or, users who have only ever made one post making positive noises about a company. If anyone posts something negative, you will see four or five positive responses from users who have clearly been invented only to balance the negative.

We are prohibited by trip advisor from accusing people of being fake, so I have no idea what to do. I report the ones that are obvious.

I would like to hear from a forum moderator on this subject.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self promotion of Madagascar nature tours and asisten travel

Yeah we did find some self-promotion, it's clearly a thing people do around Madagascar. Asisten are licensed and after speaking to them over the phone and over e-mail we did decide to go with them and things couldn't have been arranged any better! They are a great choice to go with if you need english speaking guides. Asisten have been helpful through the planning fase as well as when we were out there. Would definitely travel with them again and recommend my friends and family to.

5. Re: Self promotion of Madagascar nature tours and asisten travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2016