We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surpise Birthday trip, some questions

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Surpise Birthday trip, some questions

I am organising a large family birthday trip for my mum for her 70th, she a very well travelled and independent person, so no mobility issues. The main question is there will be a 6 month old baby in the group. As we are coming from the UK, Argentina and South Africa. I was thinking that we should should meet at a hotel in Antananarivo stay for 1 night and then travel by schedule or charter plane to either Nosy Be or Ilse Sainte Marie. We don't plan on moving around too much, just beach and spending time together as a family, but if some of wish to do side trips (wild life, national park, fishing etc) then it needs to be available. We are looking at the following places so any comments would be most appreciated.

Ilse Saite Marie

http://www.princesse-bora.com/en/

http://www.maningoryhotel.com/

Nosy Be

www.anjiamarango-beach-resort.com/index.adml…

Also the question of Charter or scheduled flights. We will be a group of 8 adults and 2 infants. Does anyone have any experience with Charters.

Also Hotels in Antananarivo with reasonable access to the airport, high standard, boutique and in a good area to walk around.

I have done a lot of research, but it is all becoming a bit blurred at this point. So all hepl most appreciated

Oslo, Norway
6 posts
1. Re: Surpise Birthday trip, some questions

Hi there,

I think the following route is good for you:

Day 1: Arrival in Tana

Day 2:drive to Andasibe national park(3hours),visit vakona private reserve.night at a hotel in Andasibe

Day3:Morning visit of Andasibe national park for the largest lemurs of Madagascar(Indrii-Indri)

Day4: drive to Foule pointe,beach front hohtel

Day5:cross the ocean to Sainte Marie then spend the rest of your vacation in sainte marie before taking flight back to TANA

Or,plan B

After you arrival in Tana,just visit the lemurs park(22km from Tana),then take flight to Sainte marie and stay at Princes bora.

Hope this helps

Edited: 5:11 am, May 03, 2014
Antananarivo...
12 posts
2. Re: Surpise Birthday trip, some questions

Hello from Madagascar

This is such a nice huge birthday surprise.

I suggest you to go first to Andasibe , a 3 hours drive east of Tana to see amazing animals then head back to Tana after 2 days stay at Vakoana Lodge or Andasibe hotel.

You spend the rest of the holidays at Anjajavy.

They have their own private charter and hotel is an good location

For more detail of tours , just PM

Greetikings

Belaza Gassitours

WWW.gassitours.com

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Surpise Birthday trip, some questions

Rather than hotels, there are also some nice serviced homes available where you can get the privacy of a home, but someone can come in and cook and clean, or, you can occasionally cook for yourselves too. I stayed at a really nice place that I found on Nosy Be called Villa Tsirambesy.

I always recommend the Hotel Sakamanga in Tana and I was there late last year and have no reason to change that recommendation, and they also have a villa on Isle Sainte Marie. http://nosy-manga.com

Mahajanga...
3 posts
4. Re: Surpise Birthday trip, some questions

Hello,

Congrats for your choice! Madagascar is so beautiful !

We can organize your trip if you are interested.

Please contact us to our FB page: Beachwedding Madagascar or by phone +261 34 45 207 01

See you !

5. Re: Surpise Birthday trip, some questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2015