We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

8 posts
Save Topic
2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

Hello all,

We are planning a trip to Madagascar this summer. We've booked the flights and now want to decide which places to visit.

As we are only going for 2.5weeks, we want to get the best experience and not spend too much - happy with camping and hostels.

I know Madagascar is pretty huge, so any help with best locations for that time of year would be great! We want to make sure we include the following:

- National Parks - rain forest, plains, wildlife & animals (we've heard amazing things about Tsingy NP)

- Beaches

Any suggestions and no-go's would be hugely appreciated! Any weather issues we need to consider in june/july would be really useful too!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

Hi,

We are looking for a travelers that means joign a group tours s we would like to have more contact with you!

Is it possible to send by private message your e-mail please!!!!

Could you precise the dtae will you come to Mada and when will you coming back?

Regards,

Amandine

Oslo, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

Hi,

We went to Madagascar last year but it was June-July and weather was good,no rain except in Ranomafana NP but it was just in the morning.

We went to the Tsingy Bemaraha NP and drove(hired 4X4 car) down from Tana then flew from Morondava to Toliara,visited Ifaty spiny forest(saw long tailed groud roller and sportive lemurs),Zombitse reserve(saw sifakas and giant ground roller),Isalo NP Anja reserve(saw many ringtailed lemurs)Ranomafana rainforest, Ialatsara forest, Andasibe Mantadia and all this was within 2.5weeks so I think this is a good route to follow for you too. We used local tour company(info@madagascar-natural-tours.com) which was cheaper and we had an amazing time. Everything worked well with connections and arrangements. The guides assigned were excellent - Our guide's eyesight was just amazing and he spotted so many wonderful things. We really enjoyed the trekking and the camping, and overall the itinerary was a good mix and timings were perfect too.

Some of the roads were even worse than we had hoped for though. We were so pleased at how all the planning we did between us really happened. We were often up at 5 or 6 am in order to see and do everything but it was so worthwhile and all the activities: driving, trekking, eating fois gras, kayaking in the rain, following lemurs through rainforests, swimming in natural pools, admiring paradise flycatchers to recall just a few of the adventures, were all exciting and amazing.So I would recommend getting in touch with Jenita of Madagascar Natural Tours to help you have a good time in this wonderful country.

Hope this helps

Marina

Mentioned in this post
Ranomafana
Ranomafana
Fianarantsoa Province, Madagascar
Morondava
Morondava
Toliara Province, Madagascar
Toliara
Toliara
Toliara Province, Madagascar
Anja Reserve
Anja Reserve
233 Reviews
Ambalavao, Madagascar
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

Hi, I'm on a 2 week tour with Baobab Tours from 8th July til 21st July. The itinerary covers a lot of places. Please send me a private message and I will give you all the details. Thanks

8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

This is great! Thanks! S

Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
409 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

2.5 weeks is good enough. you can easily join group as it is on high season at least for some part of the road.

8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

Has anyone been to Nosy Mangabe? We would like to go but are concerned about the cost and time it takes to get there as well as the weather during end of June/beginning of July.

Ifaty, Madagascar
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

I recommend the Rn7, Tana to Tulear. You can stop at Ranomafana, Andrigitra, and Isalo national parks. Finally ending your trip on the lovely Sw coast in ifaty Mangily where diving snorkelling whale watching are available

Mentioned in this post
Ranomafana
Ranomafana
Ifaty, Madagascar
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

I recommend the Rn7, Tana to Tulear. You can stop at Ranomafana, Andrigitra, and Isalo national parks. Finally ending your trip on the lovely Sw coast in ifaty Mangily where diving snorkelling whale watching are available

Mentioned in this post
Ranomafana
Ranomafana
9. Re: 2 Weeks travelling through Madagascar in June/July 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 30, 2015