We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa!

Burnham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Visa!

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on getting a visa for a month trip to Madagascar? I embassy in London is shut so not sure how to get one, but have noticed some people have said you can just get one when you enter the country? Is it guaranteed that you would get one...I think I would rather have one before going just to be 100%, wondering if anybody has experienced this or any advice would be greatfully recieved,

Thanks!

Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa!

Hi

The visa on arrival is free as long as you stay less than 30 days and I'm absolutely positive that 100% guaranteed that you 'll get your visa at the arrival so don't worry about that.

Have a nice visit

Jaoz

Burnham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa!

Thankyou, huge help!! :)

Megan

Fort Dauphin...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
456 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa!

Yeah Megan you will definitely get your visa at the airport for anything up to 90 days, but you need to have some cash in euros or dollars (sterling will probs work too) to pay for it if you will be staying over the 30 day limit for a freebie. You also must show your ticket out of the country. Apart from that, it's super easy.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa!

We are going on a cruise by Seabourn from Cape Town to Singapore, and are a short stop

in Madagascar for 8 hours.

Do anybody know for sure, if we will have the visa issued as a day pass as they are doing in

the port of Maputo??

Best regards Svend Hansen (Denmark)

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
285 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa!

if you are on a cruise ship you will be granted a free visa upon touching port.

Fort Dauphin...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
456 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa!

Falstria I am not sure if you mean Madagascar or Mozambique? The port of Maputo is in Mozambique... I don't know what their visa rules are, but one would imagine that cruise ship passengers would always get a visa upon arrival to allow them to wander around...

Mahajanga...
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa!

If you will be a passenger on a cruise ship:

Almost all cruise companies make arrangements to have visas delivered to their passengers at the first port of call in Madagascar. Please check with your cruise company to make sure that they will indeed be making such arrangements. In the unlikely event that they will not, you will need to obtain a visa before you get on the ship.

madagascar-consulate.org

look under visa information.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa!

I travel to Madagascar from the UK. A 30 day visa is easy, you get it as you pass through passport control. There's often a queue so don't hang about getting your bags or you'll be at the back of it. If you need to pay for a longer visa, that's easy too, just ask for the visa desk as soon as you get in to the terminal building.

9. Re: Visa!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 22, 2015