We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week in Madascar

La Plata, Argentina
Level Contributor
167 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
One week in Madascar

Hello,

I'm planning a week or 10 days in Madagascar in May.

I will go with my wife and would like to do some trekking, scenic views and nature.

I looked several tours, I liked the ones that goes to the Baobabs avenue, Tsingy trekking and maybe going down the Tsiribihina river (3 days boat trip).

What do you thing?

Any other "can't be missed" spot to see?

best regards,

Seba

1. Re: One week in Madascar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:11 am, March 10, 2014
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One week in Madascar

Hi Seba,

We travelled to Madagascar in June last year and I have been meaning to do a write up of our trip ever since - which I will do on a separate page.

We did the trip to the west from Tana to see the tsingy de bemaraha towards the end of our stay in Madagascar. We travelled with Rija Tours, which I can really recommend.

When you are at the Tsingy, you can choose what trek you want to do at the park office. We also enjoy trekking and scenic views - we did a six and a half hour trek which included two circuits in the Tsingy (and suspension bridges!) and the circuits were joined by a cave system which we walked through. We thoroughly enjoyed this day. you are given all the equipment you need but you need to be relatively fit as there is a lot of up and down! Make sure you bring a good camera as the views are amazing!!

We chose to do the shorter trip west which was to Morondava - Bekopaka - Tsinsy we also stopped at Kinindy forest. I know Rija Tours does a trip west also down the Tsiribihina river to the Tsingy, which may be worth looking at to get an idea and the prices are very reasonable.

If you go for ten days instead of seven, you may have time to fly back to Tana and go east to Andasibe and the national parks for two or three days, which I would also recommend. You will probably see the Indri here and hear the amazing sounds they make!

Due to your short space of time, I would recommend to go with a tour company so you can see more when you are there.

Hope this helps,

Hannah

La Plata, Argentina
Level Contributor
167 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week in Madascar

Thanks Hannah for your answer.

I'm thinking of doing the tour including de Tsiribihina river with MTG (Madagascar Tour Guide) (Andry),

Any opinión about them?

Thanks and regards,

Seba

Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
409 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week in Madascar

For information, the access to the tsingy may be hard on May after the heavy rain of March and April. Keep informed about the weather. One never knows!

No say about MTG. I know a friend who used to work with them. They look like serious!

La Plata, Argentina
Level Contributor
167 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One week in Madascar

Hello,

I just came back from my trip to Madagascar, finally I did a 10 days tour, including 2 and 1/2 days in Tsiribihina river (boat trip), the Baobabs avenue and big and small Tsingy.

It was awesome!

I did it with MTG (Lova was our guide during the trip and Andry added a free city tour the last day), I really recomend them! they where excelent, friendly and made a really hard efforf to make us had a great vacations.

Best regards,

Seba

6. Re: One week in Madascar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 07, 2015