We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

What is cheapest way to go there from australia??? How cheap is good accomodation etc. How to get there from Sydney? Estimated Cost?

Fianarantsoa...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

Hi ciarandoylo, the best way to go to Mada, you can fly from your country to Paris and Paris Mada. But there are many way: Th best is you fly from your country to Johannesburg or from Sydney to Maurice or la Reunion.This is cheapest way fly to Mada than directly to Madagascar with correspond in Paris.You can fly to Australia then Mada, it is less cheap So, if you want more information about your vacation in Mada, do not hesitate to contact me, I am make a Tour and organize different trip and itinerary in Madagascar.Anyway, you can check in google the different Tour operator, Tour guide who can help you.This: www.madagascar trip adventure.com

I can suggest yuo more about trip in Madagascar, anyway if you would like adventure trip, or all you need, I would like to share you my knowleage about Madaghascar

best regard

kulvan v

Saint Petersburg
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

Hi there,

You can compare the flight price on skyscanner.net and you will have many options there.

Good luck!

Karel

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
592 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

Hiya.

I'm Australian and have lived in Madagascar for many years. I've done the trip from Oz to Mada scores of times. The options are:

Air Mauritius used to be the cheapest option via Mauritius (they fly out of Melbourne and sometimes Sydney) and you can find their website easily. From Mauritius to Madagascar you fly with either Air Mauritius or Air Madagascar to Antananarivo.

You can also fly to Bangkok with whoever and then fly from Bangkok to Madagascar direct with Air Madagascar, or with other airlines via Nairobi.

THe cheapest option when I researched this last month was via South Africa with South African Airlines. From Sydney to Perth with Virgin and then Perth to Johannesburg with SAA and then on to Madagascar with SAA came in at around $2,300 return. That was the cheapest price I found.

I tried skyscanner and it did not find any of the cheap flights...

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

Brett, I find mixed reviews of the African air carriers, particularly Kenya airways. Have you flown with South Africa airways? I'd be interested to know what they're like

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
286 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

South African Airways is good, I never had any complains. Aircrafts are good, staff are friendly and the connection in JNB is usually hassle free. It's my airline of choice to leave/enter Madagascar since the flight arrives during the course of the day and it's not a big plane ( meaning less line up at customs ).

I often use Ortbiz.com to check fares & itineraries.

6. Re: How to get to Madagascar from Sydney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 16, 2014