We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Operator recommendations

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Operator recommendations

My friend and I are going to Madagascar in a few weeks and looking for licensed tour operators for 5-6 days trip.

We’ve contacted Asisten Tour. After they emailed us a suggested itinerary, we emailed them back to adjust some details but didn’t hear back from them for 3 days.

I get a bit paranoid when things are not organized in advance as I worry about safety.

So we’re looking for other tour operators to work with.

Could you please recommend us some reliale licensed tour operators?

We would appreciate that very much

I did find a thread about this in the forum but I couldn’t find it again. Please let me know if you see it.

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Operator recommendations

I recently did a spectacular trip with Madagascar Mozaic. However, I think it's pretty typical for a tour operator to not respond for 3 days. It's a third world country and technology does not always work as smoothly as it may in other parts of the world.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
122 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Operator recommendations

In the past two years have used the services of Dadamanga Travel. They are a very reputable and honest agency and organise trips across Madagascar. The owner is an Australian guy who has lived in Madagascar for over 20 years but all of the other drivers and guides we met were local people which pleased us as the money we paid was staying in the country. Dadamanga use English speaking guides and were always quick to respond to our messages, therefore I definitely recommend them and personally would use their services again when we return.

If you Google the name you'll find their website as I don't know if it's ok to post that info on here!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Operator recommendations

Thank you zebracruiser and Chris. I’ll check them out.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
11 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Operator recommendations

Also try with Espace Mada: I have just come back from Madagascar and they were very professional and competent in the organization of the tour plan I drafted.

Pistoia, Italy
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Operator recommendations

I just come back from a very good experience with SOBEHA. I highly recommend them.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Operator recommendations

Just came back from a 2 week tour with Overall Tours Madagascar - could not have been happier with the experience and was by far the most reasonable quote we received when we originally reached out to companies. Eric Rado was always very quick to respond, but I agree with others 3 days in Madagascar is not so bad - infrastructure is definitely on a whole different level

Edited: 10:22 am, August 28, 2018
Reply to: Tour Operator recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted