We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May

Tallahassee, Florida
7 posts
Save Topic
Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May

Hi,

I am arriving in Madagascar on 26th May for a 11 days tour and I am looking for people to travel with and to share the car rental ,guiding fee and other expenses together. I'm easy to travel with and I've done this car-sharing ... I am a seasoned traveler at the most humble description.

I have not been to Antarctica. Everywhere else, often in humble mode, now

I'm officially a "senior" , comfort enough for these bones and a mosquito

net. I can/will hike /paddle/ climb swim literally with anyone not in

competition but ever seeking adventure,animals (fur and scales),the

beauty of nature. I have already got an itinerary and quote from a local tour company and the trip plan is taking to Morondava(south west),Baobab avenue, Kirindy reserve,Belo sur tsiribihina,Tsingy de Bemaraha, back to Tana and continue to Andasibe and Palmarium reserve and expecting to see baobab trees, fossa, chameleons, Tsingy and lots of lemurs including the very rare Aye Aye.

5 replies to this topic
Atlanta
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May

A friend and I have been considering a trip to Madagascar, but I see there has been an outbreak of plague there. time.com/5008022/…

Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May

The plague has been contained and it safe to travel in Madagascar.

Note: you should still seek medical advice before travelling to Madagascar for Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR), Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis, Varicella (Chickenpox), Polio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Malaria and Yellow Fever.

Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May

For a travel companion you can also try Lonely Planets forum (Thorntree) under the "Madagascar" section. I have seen more requests for travel companions there then I do here.

Also you could search for ride share forums to post your request.

Regarding your itinerary and travel days (11), I feel you are cutting it very fine. Any delays and you will not make it back to Tana in time.

You are visiting the Tsingy which is an Adventure Road. Delays along this route are typical and I would recommend including at least one addition day to the itinerary.

At worst, you will arrive on time to Tana. At best, you'll get an extra day to enjoy the beauty of Mada.

Coarsegold...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May

booked a similar trip but concerned about tour company.... who are you using? also interested in a fellow traveller

Atlanta
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May

James, thank you for your input. I assume you have been?

drpins Coarsegold;, We haven't booked with an agency yet, because are just in planning mode for a potential 2019 trip. While in the area, also considering an additional stop, perhaps the Maldives, Zanziabar or something else of interest. Been on African safaris, so no need to go there.

Reply to: Travel companions for a Madagascar tour in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted