We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tana to Reunion

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Tana to Reunion

I'm thinking about booking flights from Tana to Reunion and return. Can anyone comment on whether this is cheaper (compared with what I see using Google flights) when purchased within Madagascar? Are the prices I see on Air Madagascar's website (fares in Euro) what I would pay if I purchased in Tana?

6 replies to this topic
Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
968 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tana to Reunion

There are usually small economies made if you pay in Ariary in Madagascar. Nothing staggering but often worthwhile. If you are not traveling in peak time so you are not pressed to guarantee a reservation, then I would wait and buy in Ariary in Madagascar. If you plan to pay by credit card though, you will just be charged the euro rate on the website, also, you will be charged the full euro rate if you buy at the airport, so, you need to go to the Analakely or La City shop-fronts of Air Mad, and pay in Ariary, to get a decent price.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tana to Reunion

You shoud go to air austral

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tana to Reunion

Thanks gaetano207 I did but Air Austral are ~30% more expensive and the timing of their flights is worse for me. Their aircraft *may* be newer and their service might be better but is there any other reason to justify the higher fares?

4. Re: Tana to Reunion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 pm, October 11, 2017

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Tana to Reunion

http://www.air-austral.com/

Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tana to Reunion

Air Madagascar flights are not the most reliable, meaning they often get delayed, advanced or even cancelled. If you have an important appointment, the 30% more with Air Austral might be worth it.

Reply to: Tana to Reunion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted