We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to tripoli

Which Tripoli hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bangalore,india
1 post
Save Topic
moving to tripoli

hi

i'll be moving to tripoli sumtime this year........wat is it like there for expatriots. please give me all the info u all can about life there, like the standard of living, social sphere etc...

i'm glad i found this forum, i'm open to all advice

Cardiff
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to tripoli

Hi Guys,

If you want more information on Libya and travelling to Libya, there's a new cool dedicated site were you can get info ask questions in their forum and upload your travel pics its

http://www.livelibya.com/

Hope that helps Naruto 2991

cintagaruda
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: moving to tripoli

My family and I moved to Libya a year ago, just at the end of Ramadan month. Libya is an Islamic country so all shops mostly closed during the day of Ramadan except some big stores along Gargaresh road which open around 11am and up, but no restaurant would open during this time. Shops and restaurants will open again from after night prayer (around 10:00) till after midnight.

There are many things I like about Libya: Very friendly people and lots of branded items at a fraction of a price :-) If you are accustomed to Muslim culture you will enjoy your stay in Libya. Alcohol is prohibited.Photography is allowed but never toward women's face and in some places men also dislike being photograph. It's better to ask if not sure.

You will find a lot of cafes in Tripoli, even street coffee shops sells really tasty cappuccino.Here people eat both Italian pasta and Arabic bread. Vegetables and fruits is not a problem and they are very reasonably priced. If you are a Muslim, masjid is plenty, there's one at every 1 km distance.

There are several embassies in Libya. Here is a link to foreign embassies. Some embassy organize their own cultural events. www.libya-watanona.com/libya1/embassy.htm

Hope this helps :-)

Malta
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moving to tripoli

Hello there,

Libya is a nice place to spend time. Friendly people too. So long as you respect their culture you will too be respected.

One thing i frequently like to say is that I feel much safer in Tripoli than in many major cities in Europe.

Regards,

Tonio Montebello

www.libyavoyager.com

4. Re: moving to tripoli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 18, 2010