We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

Tripoli
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

Although there are ATM machines scattered all over Tripoli as well as in some of higher star hotels, none of them are working right now. Many of the publicly located ATM machines have been vandalized and have not yet been restored. Several banks seem to be and up and running for business, but the only one that we have found with a working ATM machine is the Aman Bank located a ways away from the center of the main city. Normally they have their regular ATM machine running as well as a mobile armored vehicle parked outside the bank with an ATM machine on it as well. For a time, there has been a limit to how much you can withdraw at a time, but this may be changing.

Tripoli
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

Yesterday was a big day for us! We found an ATM machine that is working other than the one "way out" at the Aman Bank location. Recently we have noticed several ATM machines that have appeared to be up and running...and we have tried a few, but to no avail. BUT...yesterday, it worked!! The one we found is located just to the east of the main Square and is near the Hotel Kabir. The ATM machine is an Aman Bank machine. Hope this helps for those of you looking to travel and get money along the way! This is also another positive sign that Libya is moving forward and getting it's feet back on the ground.

Tripoli
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

It appears that more and more ATM machines are up and running around the city! There is a working one now at the Mahary Grocery store as well as various other machines around the city. The most consistent and reliable ones still seem to be through the Aman Bank.

Tripoli
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

I've tried a fair few in Tripoli - but no luck.... This evening I decided to head for the Corinthia Hotel and sure enough they had 3 ATMs by the door. I tried the Aman Bank ATM first as it's recommended but it returned my card. Then I tried the BNP Paribas ATM and managed to withdraw 400 (wouldn't allow me to take 460).

Edited: 4:56 pm, November 24, 2012
Tripoli, Libya
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

Aman bank in gouri road is the best bank ,,and ATM of Aman bank accepted all visa and Master cards international ..

Tripoli, Libya
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

ya sure but for which bank

Tripoli, Libya
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

ya sure but which bank u want

Tripoli
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

Normally the Aman Bank ATM machines by Martyr's Square work, but if that's not the case, the main branch Aman Bank on Gurgi Road is the best option. Down by the Square, there is a portable Aman Bank ATM truck parked in front of the Red Castle, and there is another Aman Bank ATM that is right near the Al Kabir Hotel.

8. Re: Are there working ATM machines in Tripoli?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Libya