We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on how to get extra baggage for charity

Which Banjul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochdale, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Info on how to get extra baggage for charity

Can you give me the best way to take items to Gambia.I used my own allowance in Feb 13

which left me a bit short. I always take things but am getting things from friends already

and am not going again until feb 2014. Many thanks for help

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on how to get extra baggage for charity

Hi Helen and welcome to the Gambia forum. There was a recent ( last July) thread covering this topic. As I understand it you can request a charity allowance from the airline and they usually will ask for a confirmatory letter from the particular charity you are donating to.Take a look here for more info:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293794-i9249-k5…

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on how to get extra baggage for charity

If you are flying with T C then email them at TCHDPreTravelAdmin@thomascook.com with a copy of the letter from your charity and your flight details once booked. You may get a reply stating that can't add it till 90 days before your flight. Sometimes they will sometimes they confirm. Last time I even had it put onto my booking which is very unusual. TC allow 10kg which has to be packed separately.

Good luck

Edited: 2:35 am, May 10, 2013
3. Re: Info on how to get extra baggage for charity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Banjul