We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Hi, I am going to Kololi in January with my boyfriend and we are staying at the Senegambia Hotel. This is our first visit to the Gambia and want to do and see as much as possible! Could anyone advise us about the best things to do and see, and the best tour guides to go with etc?

Also any advice on the best resturants/bars would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

london
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

well your hotel is in a really good location . thats your best move . you will get lots of replies and probably wont bother with any of it . lol

have a great time .

wish i was coming

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Hi Emz and welcomre to the Gambia forum..

the best tip I can give is to check out this thead on " trips for 1st-timers"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293794-i9249-k289…

it's from 2009 but most of the items mentioned should still be available and will whet your appetite... and check out these guys, they always get well spoken of:

www.arch-tours.com/

and don't miss the vulture feeding in your hotel grounds most mornings at around 11:30 I think

Edited: 5:31 pm, October 24, 2012
North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Hi Emz1991

May I ask what you age group is and how long are you going for??

Best wishes

Breeze

canterbury
Level Contributor
771 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

best is such an interesting term, don't you think.

horses for courses methinks.

the places we think are good around the strip and are worth a visit are

'the green mamba' asian fusion food. you choose from a table with all the raw ingredients, like rice, noodles, fish, vegetables and lots more, you get to make up a plate and they stir fry it for you. very nice too.

scala, mid european, at the upper end of the price bracket, we eat there at least once or twice.

next door, a place which serves thai food, can't remember the name.

diagonally darboes gambian food has got a fantastic reputation.

hope that gives you a better idea, but it really depends on your taste everyone has their own favourites.

Edited: 6:44 pm, October 24, 2012
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Hi Breeze,

We are going for 11 days and are both 21.

Thank you everyone for replies!

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Emz1991 :- At your age you really will enjoy it. When you leave your hotel go up to the junction of the strip and turn right. This is where the restaurants that Sunshoineand mentioned are :- Scala, Tao (the Thai one) and Darboes. If you pass these you will come to GTS where a lot of young ex pats hang out later on. The owner Adam is only a fairly young lad himself. (Well compared to me) A quick wander at night will give you an idea of where to go on following nights. Green Monkey usually has African entertainment on some evenings.

Arch Tours 4 in 1 seems to be one of the better tours. You see quite a bit and taken to one of the better beaches for food and a chillax. They do it in open landrovers so only small groups and you are well looked after.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Edited: 7:14 am, October 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Hi EMZ1991

My kids are your age they like Mcceasars on Kariaba Aveune nice food good prices spit roast chicken lovely..... hubble bubble pipes if you fancy ago free WiFi

Also Crystal Lounge above Duplex and Poco Loco at the bottom of the road towards the beach past Duplex

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
431 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Hi EMZ1991.

What date are you going to the Gambia. Me and my boyfriend are going in january staying at Senegambia Hotel its my 6th time, my boyfriend 2nd time. If you out there when we there meet up for a drink. We going on 28th January

for 2 weeks.

Hope you have a brillant time

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Hi julie

We are going from 3rd-14th jan. Have a fab time!

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
431 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kololi - Information and Advice Please!

Emz1991

Have a brillant time look forward to reading you trip report.

Get answers to your questions about Banjul