We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam dolphin bar

1 post
Amsterdam dolphin bar

Is the amsterdam dolphin bar still there last time i was there 2 years ago has there been a lot of change i go in 2 days.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
1. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

It's recently re-opened. Sadly, the trees have been cut down.

Kotu, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
2. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

the large central tree fell down during a heavy storm, bringing the tin can music down with it.

the outer trees have been cut back, a new bantaba has been constructed on a raised floor and the old shed has been removed. the place looks bigger and more spacious and no livestock can now fall from tree to drink.

bonus.

jon.

scotland
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
7 reviews
18 helpful votes
3. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

Ah bob,sad for trees,more access for my wheelchair I like the Amsterdam dolphin I don't why but I ds

Cheers brruff 🐼

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
4. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

I agree, always liked it. Diverse selection of nationalities used to drink there and Old John(Father of the Nation) used to sit at the entrance. He went up to 2-Rays in Kerr Serign when it closed, wonder if he's back.

I used to have to cover my glass with a beer mat because of the falling leaves. But I don't remember any falling Cows or Sheep Jon?

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
579 posts
19 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

Is that John (Father of the nation), John Gibson? Not heard of or about him for many years since I left TG for Thailand. If it's the same man, I really hope he's still well, and still wearing his long white socks. lol.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
6. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

Yes I think that's him. Ex-pilot I believe. He was there last season at 2-rays.

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

John is still here in Gambia .

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
8. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

He still goes to the Amsterdam most days 1 to 2.30am

9. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:55 am, September 17, 2018
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
7 helpful votes
10. Re: Amsterdam dolphin bar

Where is the Amsterdam Dolphin Bar . Thanks