We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

'Rave about Africa' is supporting the 'International Roots Festival' in Gambia for 2014 and are organising a large group to fly from London Gatwick on the 9th May - 16th May 2014.

People keep on asking me this question, so I will put it out to the forum - Does anyone know if there are any other dates to fly out other than a Friday as we have been made aware that Monarch will no longer be flying, Thomas Cook stops in April, so it looks like only the Gambia Bird will be flying on a Friday? Are there any Tuesday or Saturday Flights available?

Thanks

Danny...

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

Friday and Saturday with Gambia bird

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

gambia experience are using germania for the next 2 years. Sigh of relief to many!

uk
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

hi there,

I am a week back from Gambia it was hot, so are we all packed for the roots tour.

The package that is being offered from London Gatwick is Wednesday 7th to Saturday 16th May, £685.00, this include the £100.00 for the roots package. at present staying at Senegambia hotel.

it is with Gambia bird flights.

There will be other hotel options. If anyone needs more info let me know,. COME AND JOIN US it should be a blast.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

Gambia bird will fly 3 times a week in the summer (sometimes via Sierra Leone) Germania is also chartered out each week on a Friday. Visit gambiabird.com and go to the online booking page. Enjoy your flight!

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

Yes join us!! log on to raveaboutafrica.com we offer a secure ABTA Registered Booking - includes Flights 3* and 5* hotels, Roots package, Entertainment Package and all transfers...

Join us...

raveaboutafrica.com

London
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

Alternative flights to Gambia ...Use Vueling Airlines via Madrid........cheaper prices with connecting flight to Banjul...returns around £420 .....Unfortunately the International Roots Festival .......like all big events world wide ....is too commercial ....Better to arrive independently .........stay in local guest house ....You can still attend many of the events at a fraction of the cost ....

Be aware of the continuous electricity black outs..... that occur frequently......due to miss management of electricity supplies..... Gambia is a great country to visit......but you need to befriend a local Gambian to experience a real cultural experience ....

Better to visit rural villages ....who offer entertainment......music ..excellent hospitality..and food shared communally ....For a real adventure ......cross the border into Casamance......Southern Senegal ...a hidden paradise in Abene and Kafountine

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

We have just arrived back from the Gambia after making sure all is set up and ready for the Roots Featival. Just to answer the issue posted before. Roots Festival is like no other International Festival it is a week of unique experiences with likeminded people.. There ia no commercial element just trying to introduce people to the Gamvia.

Sizzla Kalobji, Mutabaruka, Erykah Badu have been invited to participate, experience and

enjoy the festivities. The Beach Party in Commemoration of 'National Bob Marley Day' on Sunday 11th May from 7.30pm at Jungle Beach Club, Paradise Beach, Sanyang is free

to all...

The Gala Dinner where visiting participants will be encouraged to have African garments made so that they can represent their culture at the dinner at Swnegambia Hotel is followed by an after party in Love2 Reataurant and Bar in

Senegambia, Beach Party and gala dinner after party will be hosted by 'Rave about Africa'. Further info www.RaveaboutAfrica.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

2 Weeks to go, we are still taking bookings, we have a new hotel on board that offer a cheaper rate for two people sharing... www.raveaboutafrica.com

Edited: 4:58 am, April 24, 2014
banjul
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

The National Bob Marley Day at Jungle ? Must remember to keep the windows shut. On a normal day you can smell the ganja at 100m. I imagine the aforementioned will create something akin to a Beijing smog.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Gambia International Roots Festival 2014

Hi Bert, We always hold our beach parties at Jungle and the food, entertainment from Mamo Limbo, the music, and the guys who sell the fruit are all fab, all this on the sea front is a fantastic experience.

I don't smoke myself and have never had the experience you have spoken of.