We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gambia Bird

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Gambia Bird

My husband & I are hoping to fly to Gambia (again) around Christmas 2013. Has anybody used Gambia Bird to fly from Gatwick? If so was the experience any better than with Thomas Cook and does anyone have an idea of the cost of a return flight?

Thank you,

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Gambia Bird

irishadrian when you say "None of this has been revealed by Gambiabird to customers which I feel is not transparent" i tend to disagree - they put out a press realease and updated the social network sites explaining

gambiabird.com/bausteine.net/…

Your could say they have been far more transparant than they needed to be and indeed how many other airlines actually tell you when a plane is out of service. Good on them for honesty- the plane was damaged - it could not fly - they fixed it. Timetables ammended - they put out a press release and comunicated this ...had this been a large carrier would you even have ever known....

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Gambia Bird

Hi

The lack of transparency lies in withdrawing one aircraft completely from the Gambiabird schedule and using it in Europe this has never been stated When have they announced that the damaged aircraft has been repaired ? Im sure Gambiabird customers would have expected it to return to Africa once repaired Thats my opinion rgds

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Gambia Bird

Hi

jon1

They did release a statement on 18/1/13 revealing plans to extend their service to Scandinavia and to increase the existing schedule for example 3 flights weekly Gatwick - Banjul this would have required 3 aircraft maybe that is still their long term plan rgds

West Midlands
Level Contributor
63 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Gambia Bird

Gambia Bird released a press release on 23rd April stating that the 2nd aircraft has been removed due to there being less need in the summer months. Which to me make sense and as its a new airline business will still be a little slow.

I'm giving them a chance, booked online direct very easy and clear, confirmation came straight through and I've found the customer service via email has been very good.

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Gambia Bird

Hi

Herecomesthesun79

Yes you are correct I didnt read that correctly and they did advise the second aircraft would be removed It is still my opinion that this is not to do with low demand in Africa but rather to do with earning more money in Europe after all it was only weeks before that they had announced expanded services and an extra aircraft over the summer That said they are running their reduced service well and their service ex Gatwick and back have been running very close to scheduled times I wouldnt have a problem with flying with them they do need to tweak their online booking system several of our members have said it doesnt work and I tried to do a "dummy" booking without success Its good to hear from someone who has booked this way successfully rgds

Edited: 7:42 am, May 16, 2013
Kololi, Gambia
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Gambia Bird

I am flying one way back to UK for 8416 Dalasi with Gambia Bird nearly half the price GE are asking. I was told that they would price match in the summer but when I went into Senegambia to enquire they said they didn't. I said it would have to be Gambia Bird for me then, to which the man replied 'We don't care' What an attitude!

scotland
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Gambia Bird

Hi Fairfield , that's a very good price . 12 years or more ago I paid 14000 dalasi one way Banjul to Manchester with GE.

Competition works it seems

Cheers Bruff

Freetown, Sierra...
1 post
Save Reply
58. Re: Gambia Bird

I want to know the cost of going to Gambia with your flight the g.ambiabird

england west midland
3 posts
Save Reply
59. Re: Gambia Bird

are you going to fly with them because I wont to book with them to out on the26 jun 2013 please let me know A S P thankyou email at chorrjenab@yahoo.co.uk

england west midland
3 posts
Save Reply
60. Re: Gambia Bird

I am flying out with them on 26 jun 2013 have you fly use them befof I am from the west midland can you reply back thankyou

Get answers to your questions about Gambia