We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age difference

Norwich, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Age difference

There is a large age difference between me and my Gambian girlfriend. I am 73 and she is only 22.

Is this likely to be a stumbling block in us applying for a visitor visa for her to visit me here in England. 4 months would be requested.

5 replies to this topic
Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Age difference

As I read this from the advice notes, your age will not come up when she first goes along with her Gambia passport.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Age difference

Best of luck on that!!!! enjoy her while you can!!!

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Age difference

Nothing will come up I think.

4. Re: Age difference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:08 am, June 13, 2018

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Age difference

Careful to jump to conclusions.. Unless you have been in Muslim dominant West Africa society you really do not know the situation. A girlfriend, might easily be a family friend, a younger business partner looking for a Euro visit even a life break into something seen as better. Maybe even a carer and that is common enough. As far as I know UK FCO staff are not bigots and do not moralize.

Reply to: Age difference
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gambia