We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

Uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

Hi everyone

We are couple heading off to Gabon in Dec for ten days. We are looking for a driver (also independent) who can take us around. We are planning to do the main sites, Loango and Lope park, the Kongua waterfalls and a couple more things. We are struggling to find contacts of drivers. Anyone has anybody to recommend? Many thanks in advance. Best wishes

R.A.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

Just viewed your post. How did the vacation go? Did you manage to get a driver?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

I'm also looking at a trip to Gabon in the next year or so. Would appreciate hearing your experience

Uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

Hi Dalemnj

We didnt go in the end because it was a nightmare to organise, couldnt find a driver or an agency who responded, couldnt get coherent answers on hotel availability, all the numbers listed in recent guides didnt work and so on - it got so frustrating we just dropped it. We are replacing it with Uganda this summer, where you have travel agents who respond, hotels who pick up and plenty of drivers available.

Do let me know though what your experience is. I think if you have a large budget and can get an all in trip organised from home it should work out, but it doesnt seem like a country for DIY tours ....

Sorry I couldnt be of help

Best

RA

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

this is africa on safari inc. based in toronto canada. we have been organizing african safaris for the last 40 years. we can organize your safari in uganda or rwanda. if you have not booked

our web site africa on safari.

tony lopes

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

This is Africa On Safari Inc. based in Toronto Canada. we have been organizing African safaris for the last 40 years. we can organize your safari in Uganda or Rwanda. if you have not booked

our web site africa on safari.com

tony lopes

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

Multi lingual extremely helpful and always on time Mr. Simon Boakye. Speaks English, French and is extremely helpful. We were three girls and he provided us pick and drop till the last day and even saw us off to the airport.

Phone

(00241) 07356915

(00241) 03276056

Chinnakanal, India
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

Thanks for giving information

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

Thanks Farva, that's good to know.

Can you elaborate on your vacation? How long, where did you go, how expensive, hotels or backpack etc.

Would appreciate it as i've been longing to go to Gabon,

Thanks,

Mike

Kuching
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

I will be going to Libreville end Novmber 2013 and thought of visiting the equator. Has anyone done this and can share info? I wonder if it is possible to do a daytrip from Libreville?

10. Re: A good driver or an agency for a ten day tour of Gabon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Libreville
More Libreville Topics