We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Addis ababa from Europe

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Topic
Flying to Addis ababa from Europe

I plan to travel to Ethiopia in mid June...can anyone suggest for which city in Europe can i get cheap flights fro Addis ababa...? which airlines should i look for?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
90 posts
892 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Addis ababa from Europe

The best way to go about this for any city is to goto Wikipedia and search Addis International Airport. From there it will show a listing of each carrier and where they fly to from Addis. Work backwards and find a location near you then search for the prices.

Some airlines use your location as a base for price and other use internet prices at a higher and sometimes lower rate than advertised. If you know how change your IP location and check prices. Always look after a general internet search function such as Orbitz or Kayak at the airline website itself to compare prices.

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Addis ababa from Europe

thank you very much Pilotss2001....that should work well...

How about the ferry...Any idea how to get a ferry from to Athens to Alexandria, and then get a flight from Cairo to Addis Ababa..?

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Addis ababa from Europe

use Expedia Or similar........

OR go direct to ethiopianairlines website .

Airlines to Addis.ETHIOPIAn, KLM, Luthansa,Turkish,Egyptairair,Emirates.

For Ethiopian domestic flights do NOT book on theor websie. Book and pay in Addis!!!!!!

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Addis ababa from Europe

Sorry KLM no longer i believe

5. Re: Flying to Addis ababa from Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 11, 2014