We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Addis but want to go to lalibela for cave churches

Baku
1 post
Save Topic
4 days in Addis but want to go to lalibela for cave churches

Hey there

I would like to visit the infamous cave churches in lalibela but have no clue of safest route/option as a I'm single female traveller and based in Addis Ababa - anyone know of any short tour company options with a reasonable budget. I've only got 4 days

Thank you

:-)

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Addis but want to go to lalibela for cave churches

Hi there,

As of many other Ethiopian towns, Lalibela is the safest and very religious town, And its nice choice to visit Lalibela Rock-Hewn churches. Many tour companies can offer you a visit to this marvelous town.

And the safest way and in order to save your time and use it well flight will be more advisable. Driving will take all of your vacation days and a rush visit to the town.

try those who are suggested tour operators here in this forum. I am sure you will get one and enjoy your travel.

Have a nice trip.

Muscle Shoals...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Addis but want to go to lalibela for cave churches

infamous? why are the churches in lalibela infamous?

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Addis but want to go to lalibela for cave churches

Are u based in Addis now ??

Just fly there on Eth Airlines... Dont need tour company.

See their website for schedules but dont book on website prices high

See loads of posts on here on domestic flights and on Thorntree Ethiopia.

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
68 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Addis but want to go to lalibela for cave churches

Lalibela churches are supposed to be the 8th world wonders!!next to uniquely among the 7 world heritages Read Lp and Bradt guide books

The fastest option is to fly to lalibela it costs 900 birr If you rent a car from Addis they will ask you atleast a two days trip 3 times 900

I wish you good trip

5. Re: 4 days in Addis but want to go to lalibela for cave churches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 22, 2013