We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaria tablets

Cardiff, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
malaria tablets

Hi,

I've heardit's cheaper to buy malaria tablets in Addis and that they are easy to buy.

Does anyone know please?

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaria tablets

Yes doxycline about 65br for 10Dox

Go to pharmacies near Ghion Hotel ie come out of Ghion and turn right to stretch of road near stadium

San Clemente...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: malaria tablets

You don't need them in Addis. I did not encouter one mosquito there. I think malaria tablets are a bit of a money making scheme to be honest. I lived in Africa for a year and a half and did not take any malaria prophylactic for the majority of that time, and even though I was living in malaria endemic areas (i.e. the Kenya coast), and got bit a lot, I never got malaria. I know others who took malaria prophylactic and got malaria. I don't know if the pills really help or not. They'll just cost you money and give you side effects. Take them if you really want to. I'm just expressing my opinion. I think what it really comes down to is if your immune system will fight off the malaria parasites or not, and the pills won't help much one way or another.

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
68 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaria tablets

Hi

it depends

September is a month of Malaria particularly in SOUTH OMO VALLY AREAS

in case you want to see the naked tribes of Hamer,mursi better to have malaria mosquito nets......

other Touristic areas are fortunately free from the risk of Malaria.

4. Re: malaria tablets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, October 24, 2012