We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advance-africa

Cardiff, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
advance-africa

Hi,

I am working next month for 'Advance-Africa' in Addis and then a rural location. Does anyone have any experience of this organisation or any comments on medical volunteering in Ethiopia please?

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
68 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advance-africa

I know UNIHEALTH India that works in Medical treatments for African and a group 32 specialized hospitals

waht do u do with the ADVANCE AFRICA??

In unihealth it is volunteer doctor is needed to treat patients for free

see you

you can contact me soon to work with us

UNIHEALTH

Bristol, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: advance-africa

Hello. I am thinking of volunteering for Advance Africa next summer. I am wondering if you enjoyed the experience and if you travelled alone, how safe was it, etc.? Thanks. Kayleigh

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advance-africa

Hi,

Are you going to Ethiopia, specifically Addis?

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: advance-africa

hi Kayleigh and Penny i was wondering if you ever decided to volunteer with advance- africa? and if you did how you liked it?

Thanks,

Ellie

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advance-africa

Hello Ellie,

I am thinking of volunteering this summer for Advance Africa. Are you still interested in going? It would be great to find someone else thats in the same boat!

Thanks,

Rachel

Houston, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: advance-africa

Hey yeah i was thinking about it but i havent found anything besides their website on them so im questioning weather or not they are real or just a scam?

have you talked to anyone who has done it or anything?

Cardiff, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: advance-africa

Hi,

Advance Africa is not a scam.

I volunteered with them in October for 4 weeks in Addis. The representative there was very good. My particular placement didn't work for me and there were issues around the volunteer house I was put into, but all in all it was a great experience for me, which I'm happy to expand on,

My only reservation really with AdvanceAfrica was that I couldn't see where my fee had been used. I do think there is someone in Nairobi making a lot of money out of it [may be it's being spent in Kenya?] I think most projects in Africa involve a large fee to 'join' though. So, not totally transparent, but not a scam.

Diane.

Cardiff, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: advance-africa

Just to add to your question,

I loved Ethiopia and Addis, but am used to travelling.

I always felt safe.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: advance-africa

Anyone else ever volunteer with Advance-Africa? I was thinking of volunteering with them in Kenya in August but I also am unable to find any info other than their website.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: advance-africa

Hi There,

Could you elaborate a little on what happened with your placement with Advance-Africa? I am looking at volunteering with them in August..

Thanks!