We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello

Osaka, Japan
3 posts
Save Topic
Hello

My name is sayaka. me and my friend we want to made a tour to Ethiopia and we have about 18 days in total and we are more interested with culture and nature tour, Is any body can give us advice which part of Ethiopia is good for our interest.

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello

Depends what you mean by culture and nature.

1. Northern Tour is mainly of HISTORIC sites.

2. Omo Valley trips you see tribes living in traditional way.

3. For beautiful countryside go to Simien Moutnains or Bale Mountains - in both you will see animals BUT mainly countryside.

5. For countryside and local people go on a TESFA trek - google it.

IF possible get a copy of BRADT GUIDE to ETHIOPIA 2009 edition - can get from Amazon ?

6. For countryside and pony trekking do Wenchi Crater Lake.

IF you need advice when here my Addis mobile is 0912 759122

Addis Ababa
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello

You can just visit this website and get more information about Ethiopian. elmitourethiopia.com

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello

Hi Sayaka, I have just returned from a 20 day tour of Ethiopia, I like to travel alone so arranged each section of the trip indipendantly. Simien Mountains, Lalibella, Addis, Omo Vally. Ethiopia is full of Culture, Nature, it is almost impossible to not be impressed with people, culture, nature where ever you go. I did 6 nights in the Simiens trekking, I used Nega and his team nega_mountain@yahoo.com for this section. I then went down to Lalibella where I spent a few nights just enjoying the churches, the people, the town, I found a nice guesthouse called The Heaven Guest House, perfect, clean very helpful owner Mr Akele. I then went back to Addius where I stayed in the Altitude Guest House, it was PERFECT in EVERY way, well located, clean and very friendly owners, Eddie and Lisa PERFECT Hosts. I then went down to South Omo where I met my guide and driver, Brihanu and Masai I arranged this through George in Addis you can reach him at www.southethiopiatours.com the entire trip was PERFECT. My advice is: Go For It !!!! you will love it. Good Luck !!!

4. Re: Hello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 am, February 13, 2011
Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello

Hi there, Sayaka03

I am sure you will get lots of contacts for the help you have asked. In 18 Days you can be able to visit The Historical, Cultural and Nature of Ethiopia. Just be careful on choosing the right tour Operator to save your money and time.

I advise that 18 days is enough to visit cultural and Historical parts of Ethiopia, If you don't want the Historical you can do some Trekking on the marvelous mountains of Semien and or Bale. If you need any Itinerary help Happy to give a hand.

Contact the following tour Operators Based in Ethiopia, they have vast experience, well organized

1. www.tourinethiopia.com (info@tourinethiopia.com)

2. www.villageethiopia.com (info@villageethiopia.com)

3. www.laketanatour.com(info@laketanatours.com)

4. www.ethiopianquadrants.com (ethiopianquadrants@ethionet.et)

5. www.getts.com.et (info@getts.com.et)

Hope that helps,

Good Day.

6. Re: Hello

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 am, February 13, 2011
Osaka, Japan
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello

I finally made it to Ethiopia last month. I checked some websites and contacted a few companies. ELMI Tour gave me good advice and nice tour package, and I chose ELMI Tour to arrange our trip to nothern and southern Ethiopia. It was really great. The manager of ELMI took really good care of us during the entire trip. He let us use local mobile phone without any charge to make sure we can get in touch with him or his staff at any time during our stay. All of his staff were also very nice, and especially driver Gibrehiwot was super great to travel with. Every place we visited was really special, and the guides gave us lot of information and knowledge about Ethiopia and Ethiopian culture. My friend was very happy, too, and she thanked me for choosing the good tour company. The only thing we didn't like was the flight delay from Addis to Gondar...but I guess you cannot avoid this some times. We had 18 days in Ethiopia but really hope to come back and see all the people we became friends with again. I highly recommend ELMI Tour for all who want to visit Ethiopia.

8. Re: Hello

Removed on: 7:59 am, July 25, 2011
9. Re: Hello

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 15, 2012