We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal flights

Nottingham
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Internal flights

Hi

Im planning a trip to Ethiopia at the end of 2007, but i am having difficulty finding out about internal flights.

I keep getting led back to the Ethiopean airlines wb site, but it doesnt allow me to look for internal flights.

any suggestions?

Boston
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal flights

They have a sales office in the UK. Give them a call. The number is on their website.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal flights

They do have a schedule on their web page, but it only works about half the time. It's also well hidden. If you go over to the far right side under "about us" then under "Ethiopian network" then under "domestic network." Then go under the list of cities and click on the link for the schedule. I have no idea why they make it so hard to find, but that's where it is. And, just to provide some unsolicited adivce, 3 tips on flying in Ethiopia:

1. Call or visit an office the day before you fly internally to get your ticket "confirmed" or you may lose your seat.

2. Even though your ticket has a seat # on it, it doesn't mean anything. You sit wherever you want.

3. When you get to most non-Addis airports, people will start lining up their bags in front of the ticket counter and then walking away. Not particularly great for airport security, but if you boycott and don't put your bag there, you'll be the last one on the plane. So put the bag down and stay in sight.

3. Re: Internal flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 21, 2009