We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethiopian Airlines - Flights are very good. Booking bad.

Littleton Co
Level Contributor
6 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Ethiopian Airlines - Flights are very good. Booking bad.

We flew ET from

Dullus Int Airport, Washington D.C. to Kilimanjaro International Airport, Tanzania, Africa,

stopping off in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on the way both directions.

The flights were generally very nice and

as comfortable as a 12+ hour flight in economy class seats can be.

The flight crew was very professional and courteous.

We received good food and drinks.

We requested vegetarian meals and they were very good for airline food.

The cabin crew is generally flexible,

allowing passengers to help themselves to non-alcoholic drinks, especially water,

when they are not busy distributing food and drinks themselves.

The in-flight entertainment was adequate.

On these long flights, there is a TV for each seat on the back of the seat in front of it.

There was a choice of several dozen movies in ~ a dozen different categories.

There were also some games and audio programs to listen too.

And of course the flight info with maps showing were we were and flight statistics.

The seats themselves were nice.

The back reclined back more that other seats I had and

the seat part slides forward as back reclines for a more comfortable way to sleep.

On the return flight each seat had a package with an eye-sleeping mask, toothbrush/paste and socks.

But the eye-mask is in ET colors that don't really block out any light so I used my own.

We also had a blanket and pillow for use on the flight.

See my other review on booking flights directly with ET and DON'T.

My only criticism of ET is never book with them directly.

Always use a travel agent or other airline.

1. Re: Ethiopian Airlines - Flights are very good. Booking bad.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:57 am, November 17, 2014
2. Re: Ethiopian Airlines - Flights are very good. Booking bad.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 23, 2015