We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A great trip to Omo Valley

Greenfield, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
A great trip to Omo Valley

Last Feb. my husband and I had a terrific 10-day tour to the Omo Valley in southern Ethiopia. Our trip started in Addis and was planned by our guide, Endalk- Michael Bezawork to fit our individual budget and interests. We experienced ancient village culture, spectacular scenery, local food and hospitality, bull-jumping ritual, hippos and crocidiles and so much more. It was a fantastic experience ! Don't miss this ancient cultural area .

Explore Omo Valley
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Ethiopia Hagere Tour and Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Moruya, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

Can you give the contact details of your guide?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

i had the same guide he was great, his email is endalbez@yahoo.com and his name is Endalk Micheal. You will not be dissapointed! he speaks great English and he is very knowlegable.

Theresa

Greenfield, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

email- endalbez@yahoo.com

cell phone- (251) 911-074-854 (mobile)

Good luck! I know you will love him and the trip he will plan with you! maggie

North Sydney, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

Dear Maggie S. Inspired by your trip with Endalk Michael. Did you have a chance to eat with the local folk, sounds like you have a gift for getting to know people. We are going to do a creative project in the Sidama region and any thoughts or ways you found to share will inspire us. Ellin and Arie

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

Hi Everyone, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I finished my Endalk Michael, Omo Valley tour today and I used trip advisor to choose him. I tried to cancel it early in fact. I made the mistake of paying him in advance the majority of the money. On the second day he said he had malaria and passed the trip off to a relative but did not pass on my funds. We ran out of money not to mention the guide was literally cruel to the tribes people. Please beware. Google me at James Stewart Sculpture if you would like to know more as the issues just began with him keeping the money but I do not want to belabour the point... He is in Turmi now on another tour.

Kent UK
Level Contributor
641 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

James S

As we have just returned from a great Omo tour. I was interested in your comments above!

We almost made final arrangements to travel with Endalk until I discovered someone had written a negative comment about him!

Hearing your story, thank goodness we dropped him & made other arrangements!

Cheers

Cork
Level Contributor
354 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

What other arrangements did you make?! and how did they turn out

Kent UK
Level Contributor
641 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

After a lot of trolling around came across (tadese20@gmail.com)

Young guy 25 who works with an agent - $150 a day for landcruiser

We stayed at Ras Hotel in Addis. Good contact is also Tania - Us lady -tania@abebatoursethiopia.com

We had a choice of places to stay, budget to high level - we had a mix of hotels Visits - we concentrated on markets.

Great trip - they also do domestic flight tickets.

We got a bit fed up of paying entry fees & guide fees at every market - never pay until AFTER the visit! This was nothing to do with our driver but the locals - ok they had a receipt book but they can be printed anywhere!

Good luck

C

9. Re: A great trip to Omo Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 01, 2014