We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's malaria like this time of year in southern Ethiopia?

Washington, DC
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What's malaria like this time of year in southern Ethiopia?

Hi!

I'm pregnant and traveling to Ethiopia with my husband. I can't take malarial medications and so I'm wondering, when we travel south to Sodo, Langano Lake and, possibly, Lake Chamo, if I should be safe if I just use precautions like covering up, bug spray, mosquito nets, etc. Any advice or knowledge there?

Thanks!

Rachel

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's malaria like this time of year in southern Ethiopia?

Dear Rachelwashington DC,

Greetings first, and most of the cities you will stay are regions with malaria, But not that mach exagurated, as you have said also bodycreams(Spray) for the protection of mosquito.

But, Surly tell you that there is no danger taht can make you risk or worry.

Have a Blessed travel and great stay,

T.E.

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's malaria like this time of year in southern Ethiopia?

Medication taken before going to the lowlands is only about 40@ effective anyway.......

BIG question must be IF you were to be very unlikekly and get it.............would you be "allowed" to take the drugs they give you when u get it..............

Chances of getting it are ver low if you take all precautions.

3. Re: What's malaria like this time of year in southern Ethiopia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:39 am, November 12, 2009