We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mindelo

blackpool
Level Contributor
498 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
mindelo

hi, we are stopping off at mindelo at the beginning of december, we are only there for the day what is there to do, and is it expensive. thanks

Fort Pierce, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mindelo

Hello! A friend of mine just returned from staying in Mindelo and I'd be happy to find out what she would recommend. Since you are on your way there and possibly near the area, would it be at all possible for you to find out the name of a tree that is there? They are acacia trees and are planted along the roads flanking the Praca Amilcar Cabral (Amilcar Cabral Park) that is directly next to the Porto Grande Hotel. She saw these trees and liking them, wanted us to see if we could get her one. I think they may be Acacia nilotica--an acacia native to the Cape Verde Islands--and not one of the other almost 20 introduced species. If you could be of any help, I would appreciate it greatly. Even a common name would help if that is the only information available. I will check with her to see what she recommends seeing in the area. Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Mentioned in this post
Mindelo
Mindelo
Sao Vicente, Cape Verde
2. Re: mindelo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 14, 2009