We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are only expensive hotels there?

Schweinfurt, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
Are only expensive hotels there?

I`m a German man, a little in love to Africa and after seeing Kenya I be interested in Burundi. I `m just a simple worker and need no high comfort. So I looked in Burundi after guest houses or a cheap hotel. What is up there, nothing to find. In Mombasa you get accommodation from 15 $ there in Bujumbura it starts from 80$.

Now some one can say, if you have no money stay at home, that is in one time right too, but i think in a third world country I pay not prices that I find in Europe. In Berlin our capital the prises start from 25 Dollar, can tell me one, why that Bujumbura is so expensive? Or be the cheap accommodations not listed in the internet? So I think if I will not find a place to stay there for a acceptable price I will change my plan and go to Tanzania, were the prices lower than in Kenya!!

Mentioned in this post
Burundi
Burundi
Africa
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
bujumbura
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are only expensive hotels there?

Hi ,

there are of course some guest houses that are not mentioned on the websites or simply in some travel guides/forum .

You can get one from $15-30,

check Mombassa Hotel ,Down Town Residence,...you can get a cheap and clean room .

Schweinfurt, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are only expensive hotels there?

Thank you but i search for a Guest-hose in Bujumbura/ BURUNDI not in Mombasa there I usually go to Kerstinsapartments in Mtwapa 1200 KsH Kitchen (gascooker) fridge shower and toilet and very safe.

Mentioned in this post
Burundi
Burundi
Africa
UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are only expensive hotels there?

Burundi is actually quite expensive - i doubt youll be finding a guesthouse with fridge etc as you mention for the similar price. I paid $70 for a clean and basic hotel (Hotel Emeraude). To be honest, I wouldnt stay in really cheap accomodation as i am there for work, I am sure you can find but will be very basic, be cautious of security too.

Mentioned in this post
Burundi
Burundi
Africa
Emeraude Hotel
Emeraude Hotel
14 Reviews
Bujumbura, Burundi
4. Re: Are only expensive hotels there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, December 16, 2013