We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a car and driver

seattle
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a car and driver

Does anyone have advice for hiring a car and driver in Burkina?

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Hello I am in Bobo Dioulasso and have just returned from a three day tour around Banfora. I organised a guide Salifou Sawadogo 00226 76125488 who organised a car and driver. Salifou was an excellent guide and he provided all that we had arranged plus more: He is highly recommended and his English is very good: Any queries I am happy to help you with:

Judy

seattle
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Thank you, Judy. Did you arrange this far in advance? We arrive in Ouaga on Dec. 22 and want to go to Bagre (centre = east) to visit our daughter who is in the Peace Corps. This is not the "tourist" route, so I'm not sure how to get someone to take us there. Do you think this would be possible with your contact? There will be 3-4 of us. We will need return transport, too. Would you mind sharing how much you paid?

Bernice

seattle
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Thank you, Judy. Did you arrange this far in advance? We arrive in Ouaga on Dec. 22 and want to go to Bagre (centre = east) to visit our daughter who is in the Peace Corps. This is not the "tourist" route, so I'm not sure how to get someone to take us there. Do you think this would be possible with your contact? There will be 3-4 of us. We will need return transport, too. Would you mind sharing how much you paid?

Bernice

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Hello again: The guide I mentioned will travel anywhere in Burkina: For the 3 days I paid 172000 cfa which is just over 100 US per day but I was alone: I am seeing the guide this afternoon so will get his email so you can contact him direct and talk about costs and programme; As I said his English is great and his knowledge of West Africa is extensive and completely trustworthy: I will come back later today hopefully if not late tomorrow as I am travelling to Mali in the morning: I only organised my trip when I arrived in Bobo:

regards Judy

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Hello I just realised that I have Salifou's email: It is salifou84@live.fr

Dont hesitate to email him and he can give you some information: And if I can help more I will: Good luck with your travels to see your daughter: That is a wonderful thing she is doing with the Peace Corp

Judy

seattle
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Thank you so much, Judy! This is great.

Happy travels,

Bernice

7. Re: Hiring a car and driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 22, 2012