We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Glitch in Planned Itinerary!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help - Glitch in Planned Itinerary!

We have a trip planned for September 2014, but now that the flights are finally in the system, the itinerary has a glitch, since the flight we were counting on is not on the schedule. Our travel agent has given us a couple of options. FYI - We will be doing mobile camping in Botswana Sep 3 - 11 (3 nights Moremi, 2 nights Savute, 3 nights Chobe). We really hate to give up any time in Botswana or Zambia, but we need to make some decision. I appreciate any suggestions. Here is her e-mail. Thanks much. I will post this in Zambia forum also.

As a recap, the itinerary we are holding is:

11 Sep: Transfer from Kasane, Chobe to Victoria Falls Zimbabwe by road,

One night Ilala Lodge One standard room Bed and Breakfast Basis

12 Sept: Road Transfer to Livingstone airport – 45 minutes,

Scheduled flight to Mfuwe – one hour ten to Lusaka , brief change over and then 50 minutes to Mfuwe airport.

Transfer through park to Camp – approximately two to three hours, mostly through the park and it depends on what animals you see en-route.

Two nights Kaingo Camp Fully Inclusive Basis

14 Sep: Walk to next camp

Three nights Mwamba Fully Inclusive Basis including one day private vehicle

17 Sep: Transfer to Mfuwe in the morning

Firstly, Proflight who operates the flight from Livingstone to Mfuwe has removed the flight on the 12th Sept on this route.

In detail - There is a flight on the 11 September, departing Livingstone at 09.40 through Lusaka to Mfuwe arriving at 12.50

But this means missing out on Ilala Lodge (I think you must keep this), or reducing the time in Botswana by one day (a possibility and this means adding a night in Zambia )

On the 12 Sept there is a flight departing Livingstone to Lusaka at 17.50, arriving at 19.00 which means spending the night in Lusaka (I do not like this choice at all)

Then on 13 Sept you would leave in the morning to Mfuwe at 08.20 arriving at 09.30.

But, another choice is keeping to the itinerary in Botswana, and adding a night in Victoria Falls . I rather like this

This would mean departing from Livingstone on 13 Sep to Mfuwe at 09.40 and arriving at 12.50

This would mean that you do 2 nights Kaingo, 2 nights Mwamba.

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Glitch in Planned Itinerary!

You should definitely add another night at Ilala in Victoria Falls. Your original itinerary had you basically spending a half day in Vic Falls which isn't enough time to enjoy everything the town has to offer.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Glitch in Planned Itinerary!

I know there is much to see at the Falls, but we really only added that stop because we were nearby and thought it would be a good stopover.We are more interested in the animals.

3. Re: Help - Glitch in Planned Itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, November 03, 2014