We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

Hi all,

I am looking for a child friendly place to spend the night at the beginning of January in between Nata and Jo'burg. Anyone suggestions?

Thanks!

Marijnke

Gaborone, Botswana
Level Contributor
417 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

Hi, If your budget is up to it, there is a new hotel in Palapye which has received some good reviews - The Majestic Five. You can google it

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked it out but it is slightly over our budget. Any other suggestions for a lodge/b&b?

Gaborone, Botswana
Level Contributor
417 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

Which way are you going back? via Martin's Drift, or Gabs?

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

Don't know yet. Via selibi Phikwe for sure. The best route i guess with easiest border crossing...

Gaborone, Botswana
Level Contributor
417 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

I haven't been there for a while, but I used to enjoy staying at Kwa Nokeng at Martin's Drift. They have 3 self catering, 2 bedroomed, airconditioned chalets (2 overlooking the Limpopo) as well as tents , single room chalets, and camping. You can google it. There are one or two other places nearby (Limpopo River Lodge etc) which you could find out about on an "area search" (top of this page)

Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
433 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

A place I often stay on that route is Camp Itumela, lately I have been using it more and more for clients. Great service, neat rooms and good food in a tranquil setting at reasonable rates.

Linkie Groenewald

Owner

Truly Africa Tours

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to you know we end up staying at Kwa Nokeng lodge at the Martins Drift border. Great place for an overnight. The chalet was clean, spacious and had airco. Dinner and breakfast were ok. Can recommend it to anyone.

Gaborone, Botswana
Level Contributor
417 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

Nice to know that it's still good

9. Re: Good place to spend the night between Nata and Jo'burg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 06, 2014