We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operators

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operators

Hello,

Has anyone traveled with Wildland Safaris or Ivory Trail Safaris in Botswana? I am looking into one of their trips and would appreciate any feedback on this tour operator.

Thanks!

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operators

Peregrine,

I have traveled with Wilderness Safaris many times. I have been to every one of their camps in Botswana and most of them more than once. In my opinion, they are a fantastic operation! Some people on these boards will say they are overpriced but the value received at their camps is really up to the buyer.

I have never heard of Ivory Trail Safaris. I can't even find their web site on google. It sounds like they are a booking agent/travel agency? Have you been able to find any reviews on their service (not testimonials under their control on a web site they control)? You may want to ask a few more questions before you consider them.

Wilderness Safaris does not take direct bookings so you have to work with one of their agents in the USA. If you get on their website you will be directed to one of their US based agents - there are at least 15 of us but I have never been told the exact amount. All of the agents they work with in the US are independent safari consulting companies (aka agents/operators) and theoretically they should be able to book you into any lodge even ones not owned by Wilderness.

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operators

Peregrine,

Eyes on Africa is based near Chicago and they work directly with Wilderness. They are a competitor of my company but I know their owners James and Nicky and they will do great work for you! They are a reputable company. Here is their web site: http://www.eyesonafrica.net/

I suggest you contact them as planning a safari with someone face to face can be the best way to do it.

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond

3. Re: Tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 04, 2011