We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Botswana Safari

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Botswana Safari

I'm looking to do a cheap 8 day safari in Botswana mid- May, I have around 12-16,000 SA rand to play with and will be a solo traveller.

I really want to focus purely on safaris and would want as many game drives, bird watching opportunities as possible. I have found some cheaper options from SA, but the number of drives seems very limited. Which are the best reserves?

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks!

Mosu Safari Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Gondwana Tours & Safaris
Multi-day Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Safaris
Unlimited Tours & Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Lucky Adventure Safaris
Day Trips, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris, Cultural Tours
Level Contributor
183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Botswana Safari

Cheap and Botswana can't really be used in the same sentence. However, either a self-drive or mobile safari should fit your budget. I have no experience with self-drive safaris so can't speak about them. But I do recommend Bush Camp Safaris for a mobile safari. You can join a scheduled safari (maximum 6 people), or ask Eric at Bush Camp for a tailor made safari. Either way, Bush Camp offers incredible value.

For birdlife, the Okavango Delta is amazing. We lost count at 80 species in the 5 days we were there. We then went onto Moremi (also great), Savuti Marsh (desert-like, less animals and birds) and Chobe (crowded but lots of wildlife).

E-mail Eric at eric@bushcampsafaris.com for more info. Photos of my trip can be found here:

2. Re: Cheap Botswana Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 16, 2010
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor