We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angola transit visa from Los Angeles consulate?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
31 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Angola transit visa from Los Angeles consulate?

Has anyone tried getting a visa from the Angolan consulate in Los Angeles? I live in Nevada and I think I have to apply through there. I only need a transit visa.

Any reports on successes/failures/waiting times in getting a visa from this consulate would be appreciated.

Thanks.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
31 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Angola transit visa from Los Angeles consulate?

FYI- I got my transit visa without much difficulty, other than the annoyance of having to show up in person to be fingerprinted. It took eight days. No invitation letter required, perhaps because I was only requesting a transit visa. Must arrive within sixty days and can stay for up to five days. Cost $141, they only take money orders.

London, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Angola transit visa from Los Angeles consulate?

Thanks for the update.

I'll need one (stupidly got a flight that involves an overnight in Luanda). I live in Berlin and a paper guidebook from the embassy mentions a transit visa for €60.... but there's nothing about it on their website

Did you need to prove a yellow fever vaccination in order to get a transit visa?

3. Re: Angola transit visa from Los Angeles consulate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, March 08, 2018