Greetings and Happy Holidays! I am a female moving to Soyo next month from the USA to work in energy sector.
1. My employer is providing housing, with that in mind is the cost of living per month (food and transport) comparable to Luanda? Huambo City or Lubango? I have heard 500USD? Is that accurate and is it strong purchasing power?
2. Also it is advisable that I purchase and ship household things like kitchen plates, pots etc or is it affordable there (comparable to US or EU prices)?
3. Is Malaria a big problem there? What other health concerns may there be?
4. For someone with a one-year contract moving to Soyo from US is it advisable to have one-year supply of malaria pills or can they be purchased cheaply and found easily at local clinics?
5. It seems as if there is not much to do in Soyo, but work! Is ecological tourism in that area developed? Safe?
6. Last question...I checked out a recent biodiversity species list and noticed lots and lots of snakes. How bad is it? Are they generally not found in the residential area?
With very good wishes,