We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learning Portuguese in Luanda Angola

Luanda
1 post
Save Topic
Learning Portuguese in Luanda Angola

Hi, I'm an English speaker resident in Luanda, Angola.

My level of Portuguese is absolute beginner level, does anyone know of anywhere in Luanda I can take classes in Portuguese or find a one2one tutor?

Also if anyone has any information about Sports or Gyms in Luanda, particularly martial arts?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ian

Mentioned in this post
Luanda
Luanda
Luanda Province, Angola
EPIC SANA Luanda Hotel
EPIC SANA Luanda Hotel
#1 of 43 hotels in Luanda
Hotel Baia Luanda
Hotel Baia Luanda
#2 of 43 hotels in Luanda
Thomson Art House
Thomson Art House
#3 of 43 hotels in Luanda
George
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Learning Portuguese in Luanda Angola

Hi Ian

Also an english-speaking resident in Luanda but after trying to "learn-by-listening" I finally decided to dive into the deep end ...... have just returned from a month in Lisbon, studying the "lingua" at one of the language schools! Many of the oil companies in Luanda appoint tutors to teach their ex-pat employees so you could contact them and enquire. They could point you in the right direction, I'm sure.

Best of luck!

Mentioned in this post
Luanda
Luanda
Luanda Province, Angola
Luanda, Angola
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Learning Portuguese in Luanda Angola

Hi Ian, I am a British expat normally living in Angola doing tourism but will be in UK for a while now. By now I guess you have found the three main gyms - Fitness (cheapest busiest, they also do Capoeira and Tae kwan do), Tropico Hotel - most expensive, Atitude (at the 1st boat club on Ilha) in my opinion the best, also good parking. There are others (and some new ones maybe). My other half works at Fitness and Atitude normally. Re Portuguese language cant help you, but best to ask around other expats / companies as was suggested.

Paul

paul@eco-tur.com

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Tropico
Hotel Tropico
218 Reviews
Luanda, Angola
3. Re: Learning Portuguese in Luanda Angola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 10, 2009