We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

Sackville, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

Hello everyone,

I am flying from Lisbon to Luanda, then onward to Windhoek. I will only be in Luanda Airport for less than three hours, and not going through immigration. Is it necessary to have a yellow fever vaccination if I am just having a layover?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Winterthur
Level Contributor
226 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

In theory no;) you dont need to go through the vaccination/passport control in the arrival hall. But still, I would recommend to contact the Angolan embassy in Canada to be on the safe side. With the upcoming election this year, things can change quickly.

Edited: 8:08 am, January 24, 2017
Bucharest
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

taag.com/en/…Health-and-vaccines

I have the same question but i found this worring link as i am not allowed to get this shot....

Have u been there yet? did they ask u for a proof???

Winterthur
Level Contributor
226 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

Are you also doing transit only? Then you should be fine without it (go to the left in the arrival hall and follow the transfer-signs and dont go to the left where everybody is queing). But if you are leaving transit area, you definitely need it. When you enter the arrival hall, the first thing you need to show is the vaccination certificate, even before the passport.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

Hello Joshua and others,

could you please share you experience from the transit? I will be on the same flight soon and am wondering whether: a) I need a transit visa (two of us on EU and U.S. passports respectively) and b) whether I need to have the yellow fever vaccination certificate for the transit.

many thanks in advance!

Paraty, RJ
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

You do not need a visa nor a yellow fever certificate. I just recently transit myself. When you exit the bus at international arrivals and enter the hall, go immediatly to the left and follow the transfer sign, which takes you into the international departure area. You will probably already get the onward boarding pass at your first departure point, if not, ask the guy to whom you show your passport when passing from the arrival to the departure hall.

Paraty, RJ
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

edit double post

Edited: 5:17 am, November 08, 2017
Winterthur
Level Contributor
226 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

As Happy H said, no need of a transit visa or a yellow fever certificate. Otherwise, follow his/her instructions and you will be fine.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover

thanks guys, I really appreciate it. will follow your airport instructions to the letter :)

Reply to: Yellow Fever Vaccination for Layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted