We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparison of suneset cruises in the Victoria Falls

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Comparison of suneset cruises in the Victoria Falls

My wife and I are going to tour the Victoria Falls for three days debating should we take sunset cruise in Zimbabwe side or Zambia side or both. What are positives and negatives on either cruise? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
359 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparison of suneset cruises in the Victoria Falls

The cruise is done on the same river and the duration is same. The only difference you might come across it’s the prices as some cruise operators in Zambia might say certain number of drinks are included on the price thereafter you will start buying during the cruise but on Zimbabwe its open until you drop. I have done both sides so if you based in Zambia or Zimbabwe I don’t see the reason why you should pay for the visa to cross for just a sunset cruise.

From Philani Moyo- Operation Director & Guide Shockwave Adventures Victoria Falls

Flint, Michigan
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparison of suneset cruises in the Victoria Falls

Thanks for your input. We'll stay in Zimbabwe side but also plan to cross the border so we can go down the gorge to see the falls from bottom. My understanding there is no way to see the falls from bottom in Zimbabwe side. Am I right? Is there different scenary from Zambia side? What do you think? Your opinion will be greatly appreciated again.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
359 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparison of suneset cruises in the Victoria Falls

This will depend on the time of the year you will be in Vic Falls, if its August through December then you will be able to do a tour of the falls from bottom on Zimbabwe side.

Thank you,

4. Re: Comparison of suneset cruises in the Victoria Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 16, 2015