We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

Fort Worth
10 posts
Save Topic
Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

Hi

My fiance and I would like to be married in Vic Falls April 2014. I am having a difficult time finding help in planning a ceremony. Will be very small, just the 2 of us, maybe a few guests. Would love for it to be somewhere close to the falls where you can see them as a backdrop if possible. Have seen the Liz Lane website but would also like to see other options where you can see the falls.

Also need help in finding a wedding photographer. Not quite sure if we are going to stay on the Zambian or Zimbabwe side just yet. Any advice is very welcome. Thank you!

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
809 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

Pity you are planning in April as that is peak flood time and Livingstone island will be closed. If you can reschedule that is an awseome location, you can hire out the whole island for private ceremonies and they will make all the necessary wedding arrangements for you. This is about as spectacular as it gets right on the edge of the Falls. It is done from the Zambian side and you can get hold of Tongabezi to book that.

Bush cuisine will also arrange weddings for you on the Zim side less ellabrate and costly than Liz Lane. Ceremonies on a private island in the Zambezi and nice boats cruises etc, . Don't think they have a big presence on the internet so if you struggle to find their details you can PM me.

Tom Varley based in the Falls Zim side is an outstanding photographer.

Fort Worth
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

Yeah, unfortunately unable to do it any other time. But thank you for the advice, very helpful. I will look into Bush Cuisine.

I did find Tom Varley but not a website other than facebook....and it appears he is a wildlife photographer? So wasn't sure how experienced he was with weddings.

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
367 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

I will get you the full information as I know only 1 guy who does organize wedding parties in Vic Falls Zimbabwe and both Zambia and he owns a beautiful land on the Zambezi River, also he have big and very nice tents. Will get you his details

Philani Moyo - Owner – Shockwave Adventures

2012 and 2013 Rafting & Kayaking Champions in Zimbabwe and Zambia

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
367 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

Hi Ashley, please contact this guys here (http://www.loudfire.co.za) he can assist you with all your wedding plans. his is Prayer Albert based in Livingstone and vic falls.

Thanks

South Africa
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

Hi Ashley, I got married in Vic Falls last year and used Bush Cuisine (Des and Kim) - they were absolutely fantastic and I would not use anyone else in Vic Falls besides them. They are very flexible and will try and do what you want instead of shoe-horning you into what works best for them. You can contact them on: kim@bushcuisine.co.zw. They are also a lot more reasonable (cost wise and otherwise) than Liz Lane.

6. Re: Need help in planning a Vic Falls wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 06, 2015