We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the BEST sunset cruise offered - NOT a booze cruise

New York City
Level Contributor
305 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
What is the BEST sunset cruise offered - NOT a booze cruise

Looking for recommendations regarding a sunset cruise as I am told there are many different options. (?) We definitely do NOT want a booze cruise or anything close to that. Are there any really NICE cruises out there? Do you get a close-up look at the Falls?

Thanks. I think we only have time for ONE thing and I'm thinking a cruise as we are jetlagged, having just arrived in J-burg the day before. We have NO time the next morning - just from about 2:00 pm the day we arrive until bedtime!! Suggestions welcome!!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the BEST sunset cruise offered - NOT a booze cruise

http://www.victoriafalls-guide.net/

Book with them, most of the cruises are the same company, just different booking agents. There is booze on board and snacks.You don't/can't get close to the falls or you'd die, you will see the sights along the great Zambezi River.

You would be better advised to go to the falls, they are awesome.

New York City
Level Contributor
305 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the BEST sunset cruise offered - NOT a booze cruise

Thanks. I think we will do a Falls "tour" instead. Hopefully we can book this through our hotel when we check it - about 2:00 pm. Unfortunately we will be picked up to leave the next morning quite early, so basically we haven't enough time to do more than just see the Falls. Is there a bridge we walk along? We really have not had advice on actually seeing the Falls and are not interested in anything too strenous since we are just arriving and will be tired and are also not so young anymore!

Pecatonica, Illinois
Level Contributor
425 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the BEST sunset cruise offered - NOT a booze cruise

I don't think you'd want to go to Victoria Falls and not see the Falls. In the summer months, the flow is not as great as in the spring. That means you won't just see the mist, but you'll actually see the falls. You can take a tour, or you can just take a taxi to the falls, pay your admittance ($30.00 per person?) and then spend time seeing the falls from different vantage points. You might want to take a poncho so you don't get wet, or you can rent them for $1 or $2.

Definitely need a poncho or something to keep your camera safe from the spray. This, to us, was the "must see" for Victoria Falls. It's much larger than Niagara Falls and just awesome. Enjoy!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the BEST sunset cruise offered - NOT a booze cruise

The number one thing to see in Victoria Falls are the Falls. They are as awesome as billed. The cruise isn't even close in terms of awesomeness.

5. Re: What is the BEST sunset cruise offered - NOT a booze cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 20, 2013