We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

We are staying at Ilala Lodge for 2 nights towards the end of August and I am unable to locate any menus or prices for the Palm Restaurant at the lodge. Can anybody assist with information on dinners at the restaurant please? Breakfasts are included but not dinner.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

Menu information is given below in the first link and pricing is given as $10-30 in the second.

afrizim.com/Travel_Guides/…Palm_Lunch.asp

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293761-d1…

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

Steveb108. Thanks for the links which answer both my questions. Very helpful and much appreciated. If there are any other tips for Vic Falls they would be gratefully accepted.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

My wife and I stayed at the Ilala Lodge only one night but we liked it and the food. The only problem (probably not the right word) we had there was persistent young men trying to hawk their goods as we made the short walk from the Ilala Lodge to the falls. The water was very high then (March a few yrs ago) and we couldn't get too close given the heavy mist, but we arranged through the Ilala Lodge for a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River, which for us was the highlight of our visit to the falls.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,011 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

After the falls, a day trip to Chobe is awesome, just awesome. We used www.steenboksafari.com and were very happy.

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

Guys. Thanks for the tips. We have booked a sunset cruise, which I'm sure will be a great way to see out the evening.

London
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

We stayed at the Ilala Lodge for 2 nights (just left!) and it was fantastic. The breakfasts are great, and the restaurant is excellent.

We visited Victoria Falls and did the sunset cruise and highly recommend them! It's also true about being hassled - you will need to stay safe and vigilant.

7. Re: Ilala Lodge, Palm Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 16, 2013