We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need to view Victoria Falls from the Zambia side?

Auckland New Zealand
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Do we need to view Victoria Falls from the Zambia side?

We don't particularly want a Yellow Fever vaccination but there is now a requirement for one if we cross into Zambia to view the falls. Are the views as spectacular if we don't go into Zambia?We are travelling only to SA, Botswana and Zimbabwe.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need to view Victoria Falls from the Zambia side?

Personally I prefer the Zim side and I don't think you'd really be missing out that much by not going to the Zambian side.

Auckland New Zealand
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need to view Victoria Falls from the Zambia side?

Thanks for that, stokeygirl. I wasn't too keen on that Yellow Fever vaccination!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need to view Victoria Falls from the Zambia side?

Zimbabwe side is great

Esperance
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we need to view Victoria Falls from the Zambia side?

I visited the Zambian side as well. Half my time on each side, they both offer something different. The view of the falls from the Zambian side is argueably more impressive, there was one spot where I was looking straight into the belly of the falls, my heart was pounding. If you're time poor then stick to the Zim side, if you have the day, check out the Zambian side. It's a long way to go to see half the falls!! Have a fantastic time.

5. Re: Do we need to view Victoria Falls from the Zambia side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, June 22, 2013