We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ultralight flight over Falls

UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Ultralight flight over Falls

I am interested in trying to photograph the Falls from the air, and I understand that one can not take a camera on a Microlight flight, and that a video can be bought of the flight. I have also read that Ultralight flights were suspended in 2007

a) Does anyone know if these Ultralight flights are now available. Hopefully from VFA.

b) Are there any fixed wing flights available where one can take photographs without glass reflections.

c) Are there any helicopter flights available where the windows can be opened to take photographs?

My thanks in advance for any info which might be useful.

John

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
866 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ultralight flight over Falls

Micro light flights are operational from the Zambian Side only, but they are very much in operation.

There are no fixed wing flights available.

Shearwater helicopters have recently been fitted with bubble windows. This really enhances the view you get of the Falls and gives you a much wider perspective. The front seat has a very small slide window that opens.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ultralight flight over Falls

Microlight flights do not allow you to carry your own camera equipment.

3. Re: Ultralight flight over Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 pm, June 22, 2013