We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking with lions, victoria falls vs livingstone?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walking with lions, victoria falls vs livingstone?

hi, i'd like to do a walking with lions excursion, but will be staying in livingstone. it seems that it originated in victoria falls but now there is an operation on the livingstone side as well, is there any difference? it would be easier for us to do from the zambian side but if the experience is much better in zimbabwe i'd go there instead. any help would be greatly appreciated, there are a lot of reviews but none of them specify what side they were on :)

brisbane
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Walking with lions, victoria falls vs livingstone?

my daughter and I just did this lion walk with shearwater in zimbabwe after agonising over the ethics- I camn only concur with the opinions on this board and consider it a complete sham as a conservation program. I would not support or endorse doing this circus program. Also the elephant ride is an absolute disgrace after seeing these magnificent animals in the wild. We just visited there as we stayed at the elephant Camp but did not participate.

cheers

leon miller

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Walking with lions, victoria falls vs livingstone?

For years I have worked with orphaned and injured Canadian wildlife in conjunction with licensed wildlife rehabilitation centres. The goal in all cases is to eventually release the animals back into their wild habitat. In order to successfully do this, human contact is kept to an absolute minimum. A healthy fear of humans is necessary for survival in the wild. Any facility which allows humans to interact with wildlife (other than to perform necessary functions such as medical care, feeding etc), is not working towards the goal of successful wildlife release. First and foremost, their goal is tourist dollars. I for one, choose to abstain from such tourist attractions. Instead I choose to go to places like Africa to view the wildlife in the wild. The thrill and magnificence of being on safari and encountering wildlife in its natural habitat...free and wild, is for me, far more exciting than viewing them in a man made compound.

13. Re: Walking with lions, victoria falls vs livingstone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Victoria Falls