We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Falls airport transportation

bc
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Victoria Falls airport transportation

My wife and I will be staying at The Kingdom At Victoria Falls in October. What is the best transport from the airport? Thanks

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria Falls airport transportation

Hi

It's probably best for peace of mind to pre-arrange a transfer from the airport, you can do this through any travel agent, or the kingdom hotel will be able to do it for you. The cost is US$12 per person one way.

There are taxis at the airport but unless you are in a group these are not cost effective.

If you fail to organize a transfer before hand you can always just approach one of the transfer buses outside the airport and ask them to transport you into town. They will normally be doing a circuit of all the major hotels and Kingdom is certainly on of those.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
228 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria Falls airport transportation

I'm in the process of booking a tour that begins in the Victoria Falls and ends in Kruger NP. The quote I'm getting from the tour company for a transfer from VFA to Victoria Falls Rest Camp and Lodges is $46. Does that sound right? Granted this is a transfer for the day before the tour begins and I don't now if Victoria Falls Rest Camp and Lodges is more out of the way (not in town center) than Kingdom hote.

I'm traveling alone. Would I be better off taking a transfer bus out of the airport or taking a taxi?

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria Falls airport transportation

Hi Alexandria

That seems rather exorbitant. Victoria Falls rest camp is smack in the middle of town and is only about 400m from the Kingdom hotel. A transfer to rest camp should cost you about US$12 obviously some companies might charge a bit more but not $46.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
228 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria Falls airport transportation

Thanks so much for the quick reply, BooPeel. I thought the same about the $46 when I made my tour booking, so didn't take that transfer as an option.

5. Re: Victoria Falls airport transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 08, 2012