We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour package to Victoria Falls or independent travel?

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
310 reviews
Save Topic
Tour package to Victoria Falls or independent travel?

I am planning to fly to Victoria Falls from Windhoek on Sunday 19 June and return to Windhoek on Fri 24th. I was looking into hotels and they all seem very expensive (eg £1,000 for 5 nights for just one person). I have found some websites offering packages, ie hotel plus activities like Chobe day trip or sunset cruise included. But I can only find packages for 3 nights when I want to stay for 5. Can anyone recommend a tour company that does 5 night packages, or should I just book the hotel and activities separately, even though it will cost more?

The reason I plan to stay 5 nights at Victoria Falls is that I am finished from my previous activity in Windhoek on June 19 and need to be back there on the 25th to fly back to the UK. I want to spend at least 3 nights at Victoria Falls and don't think there is anywhere else I can go for just one or two nights as the extra travelling time is quite a lot (I plan to do a daytrip to Chobe from Victoria Falls anyway so don't want to spend a night there). Can anyone suggest where I can go for a day or two if 5 nights at Victoria Falls is too much, or should I just stay there the whole time and enjoy the surroundings?

6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Tour package to Victoria Falls or independent travel?

Regal tours and safaris can offer you a 10% saving on accomodation if you book through them. Also remember in june tourists arrivals are going up and booking early will be a wise choice to get the best place at reasonable prices.

12. Re: Tour package to Victoria Falls or independent travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:11 am, March 18, 2015
13. Re: Tour package to Victoria Falls or independent travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 22, 2012