We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vic Falls - ILALA LODGE/ Kingdom and Vic Falls Safari Lodge

Jorgenson
2 posts
Save Topic
Vic Falls - ILALA LODGE/ Kingdom and Vic Falls Safari Lodge

Hi, i am planning on travelling to Vic Falls from around Dcecmber 12th and 13th 2005. I was looking at Kingdom Hotel, which has ben raved, but am also interested in Ilalla lodge. Can someone tell me what to expect from both and which one you would recommend. Someone told me that the lodges generally have a bed and breakfst policy. Does that mean you cook your own food or have to purchase it. Is December a good time to visit the Falls and is it a good time to see game and fauna around the Falls.

I may be travelling by myself pending my sister getting her ticket in order, if not, i will travel there by myself. Is it okay to do that and what advice or tips. How easy is it to take pictures and home video footage. Would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vic Falls - ILALA LODGE/ Kingdom and Vic Falls Safari Lodge

Go to Google and type in both Hotels. You can learn alot from prior peoples comments. We are staying at the Ilala. Friend say Great view and great service,

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vic Falls - ILALA LODGE/ Kingdom and Vic Falls Safari Lodge

I stayed at the Vic Falls Safari Lodge hotel last year - and its great. About 4kms from the town but the hotel has a free shuttle bus. Great views with rooms overlooking a water hole - we watched elephants each evening - and all from the bar! Viited the Kingdom just to take a look - and was glad we were staying in the Lodge.

Finally, don't miss eating in the hotel's Boma, great traditional evening with music and dancing - and huge BBQ.

USA
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vic Falls - ILALA LODGE/ Kingdom and Vic Falls Safari Lodge

I was at Ilala about a month ago. It is right in the center of town, quite conveniently located. Mama Africa restaurant is across the street. Ilala was lovely!! Kingdom was quite commercial, and not what I wnated, although you may enjoy it too. Ilala is the closest to the falls. We had a wonderful time (my sister and I)- with one warning to you!! The concierge told us upon check in not to leave the french doors open if we left the room (baboons). We heeded his advise, but if you are females only- don;t leave the doors open at all (if the baboons are around) We had a very large male come in and visit, chasing my sister away from the doors, and showing me his quite nice set of teeth. I threw things at him until he decided to leave!! We laughed for quite a while at this one. The laundry service is quite nice at Ilala, we had been out on safari for a week, and it was wonderful to get clean clothes back that had actually gone thru a dryer!! DO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS IN ZIM, OR ATMS!!! Have a great time, I wish I were going too!!! Suzic63

Jorgenson
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vic Falls - ILALA LODGE/ Kingdom and Vic Falls Safari Lodge

Thanks for the info everyone, has helped me in some way. I am actually travelling by myself so i guess i will have to see and trust that the Lord will go before me. Happy travels everyone!

australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Vic Falls - ILALA LODGE/ Kingdom and Vic Falls Safari Lodge

Why are you saying not to use credit cards or ATMS in Zim.