We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costs

Leeds
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Costs

I am going to be at the Victoria Falls in 3 weeks time. Can anyone tell me how much basic items such as bottled water, a can of coke or a chocolate bar cost? Will I be paying extortionist amounts for these items? How about the cost of activities - have the price of activities such as a tour of the falls risen dramatically recently? Will I be getting ripped off if I book activities through my hotel - is it better to book in advance?

Thanks for any advice.

Limpopo, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Costs

I am not sure of the prices, all I do know is that if you change your Euros or US$ in to Zim$ you will need a suitcase for the cash BUT you will find food, water, etc to be dirt cheap. Not sure of the availabilty of all the commodoties you might take for granted though!

Regarding activities, you will have many touts approaching you. Get qoutes and don't take a decision too quickly. Also ask your hotel to recommend an operator. Don't hand your money to the touts EVER!

We can offer our clients on package deals, for US$170 per person, a sunset cruise (incl snacks and drinks) and a choice of any TWO of the following: ** Elephant Back Safari

** Solo Bungi Jump

** Jet Boat Extreme

** 1 Day Rafting

** Helicopter flight over the Falls

** Walking with Lions

2. Re: Costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 am, September 07, 2009